Hillsaudio.com – AirPods are wireless earbuds that offer convenience and great sound quality. However, like any electronic device, they may sometimes require resetting. Resetting AirPods is useful in cases where the earbuds are not working properly or when you want to pair them with a new device. In this article, we’ll show you how to reset AirPods step by step.
Also read: Why Do My AirPods Keep Disconnecting?
What is AirPods resetting?
Resetting AirPods is a process that erases all the current settings and data from the earbuds and returns them to their default factory settings. This process is useful in cases where you’re experiencing problems with your AirPods or want to connect them to a new device. Resetting AirPods will erase all the stored information on your earbuds, including paired devices, volume settings, and equalizer settings.
Reasons for resetting AirPods
There are various reasons why you may need to reset your AirPods, including:
- Your AirPods are not working properly
- You want to pair them with a new device
- You’re giving or selling them to someone else
- You want to erase all the current settings and data from your earbuds
How to reset AirPods
Resetting AirPods is a simple process that can be done in two ways: with a charging case and without a charging case. We’ll explain both methods in the following sections.
How to reset AirPods with a charging case
To reset AirPods with a charging case, follow these steps:
- Place your AirPods in the charging case.
- Open the lid of the charging case.
- Press and hold the button on the back of the case for at least 15 seconds.
- The LED light on the front of the case will flash amber, indicating that your AirPods have been reset.
- Reconnect your AirPods to your devices.
How to reset AirPods without a charging case
If you don’t have a charging case, you can still reset your AirPods by following these steps:
- Go to the Bluetooth settings on your device and forget your AirPods.
- Put your AirPods in their case and close the lid.
- Wait for 30 seconds, then open the lid.
- Press and hold the button on the back of the case until the LED light on the front flashes white.
- Reconnect your AirPods to your devices.
How to reset AirPods Pro
The process of resetting AirPods Pro is similar to that of resetting regular AirPods. To reset your AirPods Pro, follow these steps:
- Put your AirPods Pro in their case.
- Close the lid of the case.
- Press and hold the button on the back of the case until the LED light on the front flashes amber.
- Open the lid of the case.
- Press and hold the button on the back of the case for at least 15 seconds until the LED light on the front flashes white.
- Reconnect your AirPods Pro to your devices.
Troubleshooting tips for AirPods resetting
If you’re having trouble resetting your AirPods, try the following tips:
- Ensure that your AirPods are charged
- Make sure that your devices are up to date
- Reset your device as well
- Try resetting your AirPods multiple times
Common AirPods resetting issues and solutions
Some common issues you may encounter when resetting AirPods include:
- AirPods not resetting properly: If your AirPods are not resetting properly, try resetting them multiple times or charging them first.
- AirPods not pairing: If your AirPods are not pairing with your device, make sure that they are in pairing mode and try again.
- AirPods not connecting: If your AirPods are not connecting to your devices, try resetting your devices and your AirPods.
Tips to prevent the need for AirPods resetting
To prevent the need for AirPods resetting, consider the following tips:
- Keep your AirPods charged
- Clean your AirPods regularly
- Update your devices and AirPods software
- Avoid exposing your AirPods to water or extreme temperatures
How to pair AirPods with a device
Pairing your AirPods with a device is easy. Here’s how:
- Make sure that your AirPods are charged.
- Open the lid of your charging case.
- Press and hold the button on the back of the case until the LED light on the front starts flashing white.
- Go to the Bluetooth settings on your device.
- Select your AirPods from the list of available devices.
- Follow the prompts to complete the pairing process.
Resetting your AirPods can be a useful troubleshooting tool in cases where your earbuds are not working properly or when you want to pair them with a new device. With the methods and tips we’ve provided in this article, you should be able to reset your AirPods easily and quickly. Remember to keep your AirPods charged and clean, and update your devices and AirPods software regularly to prevent the need for resetting.
So, if you’re having any issues with your AirPods, try resetting them following our guide. Hopefully, it will help you to solve your problem.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Will resetting my AirPods delete my music?
No, resetting your AirPods will only erase the settings and data stored on the earbuds.
- How long does it take to reset AirPods?
Resetting AirPods takes about 15 seconds.
- Can I reset my AirPods with just one earbud?
No, you need to reset both earbuds at the same time.
- Why are my AirPods not resetting?
If your AirPods are not resetting, try resetting them multiple times or charging them first.
- Will resetting my AirPods fix connectivity issues?
Resetting your AirPods may fix connectivity issues with your devices.